On April 12, it was reported that Ahn Bo Hyun had been offered to star in the upcoming drama “See You In My 19th Life.” On the same day, his agency FN Entertainment confirmed that the actor is positively considering appearing in the series.
“See You In My 19th Life” is a love story based on a webtoon of the same name. The story revolves around a woman living her 19th life remembering her past life.
She grew up alongside her childhood friend and lover, Moon Seo Ha. One day, Ju Won tragically passes away and Seo Ha is forced to continue living. At the end of her 18th life, she vows to remember Seo Ha and find him in her next life. Ju Won is reborn as Ban Ji Eum in his 19th life. She searches for Seo Ha to reconnect with him.
The star was wooed to portray the male lead, Moon Seo Ha.
Shin Hye Sun has already been selected for the role of Ban Ji Eum. Described as witty and intelligent with a childlike innocence, many felt Shin Hye Sun was perfect for the role.
However, fans think Ahn Bo Hyun doesn’t fit Moon Seo Ha’s character. Moon Seo Ha was meant to be pale with an air of beauty and fragility, a bit rude at first but soft at the bottom.
Fans are clamoring for a different cast considering Ahn Bo Hyun’s build and manly features.
- “Please be careful with the cast…”
- “I wonder what the casting director thinks…? I am surprised because they have completely opposite images.”
- “I’m not going to wait for anything [de la part du réalisateur]. »
- “I guess he’s more popular than I expected. »
- “But Moon Seo Ha is sensitive and fragile…? »
- “Shouldn’t they cast a paler, thinner actor so you can feel a kind of frail beauty? »
- “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen so many comments on a casting article. »
- “No, but he’s supposed to be slender, sensitive and pale…”
- “Who did the casting????? This is the first time that I have been so surprised by an article on the casting.”
Initially, a few fan favorites in the virtual castings were NCT’s Jaehyun, Yang Se Jong, BTOB’s Yook Sungjae, and Seo Kang Joon.
What do you think?